Chasewater Railway and Museum News
12th April 2011
We hear that the work on the causeway isn’t going too well at the moment.
Preparations are going ahead for the visit of the Industrial Railway Society for their AGM on Saturday. Three locos in steam, plus diesels, plus the narrow gauge – sounds like a mini-gala!
With the increasing number of visitors to the museum we have seen an increase in offers by way of loan or donation of artefacts. Amongst items of note to arrive recently on loan from Michael Mayne is a very rare enamel wagon plate “Empty to Coventry Colliery, Foleshill”, also a nameplate of “Coronation”, a Peckett 0-6-0ST formerly at West Thurrock Cement Works. Finally, three items of local interest have been loaned by Robert Cadman, these are as follows: Memorandum of Association of the Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Co.Ltd. Regulations of the Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Co.Ltd., 1895 and finally the lease of the Cannock Chase Colliery, dated 21st January 1867 – including a map of the area.
A section of the map of the lease area
Thanks go to all those who have entrusted us with their treasures.