Chasewater Railway Museum Exhibits
Time to show another selection of our latest museum items.
Last Sunday, February 17th, the museum was given a framed photograph of what looks like a group of P way workers. The photo is marked: H.W.Davies – Brownhills, but unfortunately we have no real idea of the location, apart from guessing the local sidings, so if anyone has any suggestions as to the whereabouts of the location, we would be very happy to hear from you.
This wagon plate is one of a number of items loaned to the museum by one of our occasional visitors from his private collection, some 19 at the moment. He is pleased with the care taken of his objects, especially since we achieved the Accredited Museum standard. On February 17th he happily agreed to extend the loan on all of his objects for a further two years.
A nice booklet for our reference library, about the Maryport and Carlisle Railway. Of particular interest as we have a 6-wheel coach from the line in the Heritage Centre, donated by the Cannock & Rugeley Colliery Co. Built in 1875.
We have another local history book for our collection, this time about Great Wyrley. This was donated by David Bathurst, and we also have two signs from the old Great Wyrley station.
Lastly for now and biggest, is this 7-lever signal frame from Hemyock station on the Culm Valley Railway, Devon, closed in 1965. It came to Chasewater from the National Railway Museum at York.