Tag Archives: Wm. Bagnall

Coming for the Industrial Gala 11th & 12th September

Photo: Kieran H.

Wm Bagnall 3059/1954

0-6-0ST  Florence No.2

A product of William Bagnall, Stafford, this 0-6-0ST works number 3059 of 1954 is one of the four preserved survivors of this standard design of which eighteen were built.  Nine were supplied to the National Coal Board, North Staffs Area, seven to Preston Docks, one to Birchenwood Coking Plant, Kidsgrove and one to the National Coal Board, Leicestershire Area.

The loco has two outside cylinders 16” dia x 24” stroke, has 3’ 6½” wheels and weighs 34 tons.  Three of the North Staffs locos were later fitted with Giesel ejectors (including Florence No.2).

In 1975 the loco was transferred from Florence Colliery to Cadley Hill Colliery, South Derbyshire where she remained until entering preservation in 1978 at the Battlefield Line, Shackerstone.  Sale to a member of the Foxfield railway followed in 1999 and the loco has since been returned to steam and is a regular performer on the 2½ mile Foxfield Railway, near Blythe Bridge, Staffordshire.

Advertisements