Small items new to the catalogue.
Eventually we hope to photograph all of the artefacts in the Museum. This week we have photographed several more items which have been marked with the railway companys’ logos or initials. So, just for a change, I thought I would post some of them.
Two small cardboard boxes, marked GWR, formerly containing half a gross (72) pen nibs. Not the same as collecting steam locomotives but it’s better to save them than to throw them away!Essential railway equipment – an LNWR bottle opener!Another essential item – a GWR teaspoon.
A quick update on the Chasewater Dam news;
Here’s our weekly update …
1. We’ve started drilling boreholes in areas we couldn’t get to before.
2. We’ve been digging trial pits in swampy areas.
Next week …
1. Cabins are set to arrive on site
2. Bog mats are set to arrive
3. We’ll be laying hard surface in the compound area and putting up fences etc.
So, we’re all systems go for works to start on site in earnest next week.
From Lizzie Thatcher