Brownhills Canal Festival
From Brownhills Bob and info from Brian Stringer
Anyway I know we can rely on Our Bob so I just thought I’d fill you in on the programme we have arranged on the stage which will be sited near to the bridge.
- 10:10 Dr Brian Dakin will be regailing us with tales and monologues for 40 minutes, and I’m told he is brilliant.
- 10:55 The official opening speech.
- 11:00 A performance by the Spotlite theatre.
- 12:00 Trad Jazz with Barbara’s All Stars.
- 12:45 Winners or the childrens Art Competition will be announced.
- 1:15 Trad Jazz again with Barbara’s All Stars.
- 2:15 Pelsall Ladies Choir.
Tesco have donated a trophy and prize money for the Canoe Club to organise a race which they hope will become an annual event, but Sutton Canoe Club are in charge of that so I’m not sure what form it will take.
The weather has been ordered and if delivered as promised we should have a good day.
Cheers Bob and bring your camera.
If you want to know more, help out or offer your services, contact the Brownhills Local Committee with the details below – alternatively, If you want to speak to Brian Stringer directly (he’s a lovely bloke) drop me a line and I’ll hook you up.
Contact Brownhills Local Committee on 01543 361144.
Brownhills Local Committee
The Parkview Centre
Chester Road North