One of the latest acquisitions of the Museum is the worksplate from Hudswell Clarke loco 1073/1914 0-6-0ST ‘The Colonel’. Ordered by Houghton Main Colliery Co.Ltd., Yorkshire on William Harrison’s behalf, the Colonel was probably delivered new to Brownhills.
The loco was named after Colonel Harrison, Chairman of Harrison’s Grove Colliery. He was also Chairman of Cannock & Rugeley Colliery.
After a spell at Area Central Workshops – May 1960 to June 1961, went back to Grove then to Coppice Colliery at Heath Hayes for a few months in 1963 before transfer to Granville Colliery in November 1963.
All we need now is to re-unite the worksplate with the nameplate.Pictured at Granville Colliery, 12-6-1964