Midland Railway Coach
This is a Four-wheel passenger brake built at Derby in 1880.
It was taken into L.M.S. stock on 21/7/1922 as one of the coaches on a fire train.
Renumbered M198718, it was allocated around the Wigan area. In 1953 it was modified into a cashier’s coach and sold to the Manchester Ship Canal Company.
It was sold in 1966 and eventually came to Chasewater – the only one of its kind in existence.
It is shown here on the Manchester Ship Canal line.